2018 Winter Workshop Schedule
Monday Feb 26, 7-8PM: Using Raspberry Pi’s as a Personal Computer
The Raspberry Pi is a tiny and affordable computer that you can use to learn programming through fun, practical projects. In this workshop, learn how to use a Raspberry Pi as your computer at home.
Monday Mar 19, 7:15-8:15PM: Building your own PC
Learn the basics about building your own PC and get your questions answered! We will take a look together at popular products to help you make the decision that is right for you.
- Click here to download the slides for the Building Your Own PC workshop in ZIP format
- Click here to download the presenter notes for the Building Your Own PC workshop in ZIP format
2018 Spring Computer Clinic
Saturday, March 24, 2018: 9am – 130pm
The Michael LoVerme Memorial Foundation is proud to bring you our sixth annual Computer Clinic!
All of our services are offered free of charge. In addition to answering your general technology questions, we offer personalized, dedicated 1-on-1 time with a technician! Bring in your computer (or other technological device) and spend time with one of our staff. They’ll work with you to tune up your computer, answer your questions, and troubleshoot any problems you have.
Unless otherwise specified, all of our workshops are free to the public and are held at the Merrimack Public Library.
Follow our website and Facebook page to get even more info on upcoming workshops!
- You can view the Merrimack Public Library’s full event schedule here.
Archived Workshop Catalog
- Intro to Adobe Lightroom Workshop
Monday, January 23, 2017 @ 7PM
- All About Email
Monday, February 6, 2017 @ 7PM
- Learning Apple Laptops
Monday, February 20, 2017 @ 7PM
- Selecting the Right Digital Camera for You
Monday, March 6, 2017 @ 7PM
- Programming Your First Website with HTML
January 11, 2016 – Kiley Naro
- Photography Workshop: Keys to Taking Good Photographs
January 26, 2016 – Cliff & Eileen LoVerme
- Online Genealogy 101
March 2, 2016 – David LoVerme
- Introduction to Social Networking
- Building your Own PC
- DSLR Cameras & Photography Techniques
- Mobile Payment Systems
- PC Maintenance and Security
- Word & Excel Basics
- Cutting The Cable Digital Broadcast TV (HDTV Broadcast Television – Boston Area)
- Cloud Computing Services
- Jan 12 2015: Internet Safety & Home Networking Security [by: Kiley Naro]
This workshop will describe what the internet is, how to protect yourself from viruses and identity theft, and how to properly secure your home network.
- Jan 26: Cutting the Cable – Digital Broadcast Television [by: Cliff LoVerme]
This workshop will explain how to receive broadcast (over-the-air) television stations on your digital or analog TV. You will learn which network channels are available in our area and what equipment is required in order to receive them.
- Feb 9: Cloud Computing Services [by: Jeff Christensen] – CANCELED DUE TO WEATHER
This workshop will focus on cloud computing and online video or music streaming. It will focus on both how to use the cloud and media streaming as well as the various options.
- Feb 23: Wikipedia use / editing [by: Kiley Naro]
This workshop will cover the use and editing of Wikipedia, the free online encyclopedia.
- Mar 9: Digital Camera Equipment & Photography [by: Cliff LoVerme]
This workshop will cover DSLR camera operation, f-stops, shutter speed, lenses, megapixels, storing your pictures.
- Mar 23: Advanced Googling [by: Jeff Christensen]
This workshop will cover tips and tricks for getting the most out of Google.
- * Saturday, Mar 28, 2015* — MLMF Computer Clinic, Doors open 10:00 AM @ JOACC
We provide a personalized sit down, and dedicated 1-on-1 time with a technician. Bring in your computer and spend time with one of our staff; they’ll work with you to troubleshoot any problems you might be experiencing with your PC or Mac.
- April 6: Social Networking [by: Kiley Naro]
This workshop will include an overview of the basics of Facebook, Google+ and Twitter. You will learn how to get started and how to get the most out of each social networking site.
Our YouTube playlist is accessible below (or by clicking here):